WELCOME...

Welcome to my food blog Any Tom Yum , Spotted Dick or Haricot Bean...My name is Harriet Jenkins and I work for AB World Foods, a company passionate about flavour and World cuisines. This blog will give you a taster of the sorts of things that i get up to in search of foodie perfection across the globe...

Thursday 26 August 2010

Best Vietnamese in London?!


I thought I should pass on this restaurant tip as it was soooo good…

Mien Tay 180 Lavender Hill, Battersea SW11 5TQ (02073500721)

Last night I went to Mien Tay on Lavender Hill, which is a fantastic Vietnamese restaurant. Recently reviewed by AA Gill IN THE Sunday Times, it received 4 out of 5 stars and was said by him to be ‘the best Vietnamese in London’. Traditionally most Vietnamese are found in Kingsland Road in the Northern part of London, but this is situated just a 5 min walk from Clapham Junction – so has great transport links and is in the South of London.

After visiting pre and post review some of the dishes I can recommend are:

-Fresh (summer) shrimp rolls
-Pho soup with beef
-Crispy egg pancake with beansprouts
-Green Papaya salad with dry spicy beef
-Beef with lemongrass and chilli
-Goat curry with galangal

The top three dishes are very traditional and the signature dishes of Vietnam – staples, really, if you go to a Vietnamese restaurant.

For four people it came to £50 which is peanuts and it’s BYOB – even better!!!

If you get the chance to go let me know what you think!

Happy Cooking!


Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment